SAFEGUARDING OUR GUESTS AT MAYFLOWER IN LIGHT OF COVID-19
Our Overall Policy and Approach
At Mayflower, our number one priority is the well-being, health and safety of our guests and team members. We are continuously monitoring the development of COVID-19 around the world, and especially in the United Kingdom where our business is based. Our management and staff remain on top of any developments in government policy and ensure we act in a compliant fashion.
Whilst we are fortunate to have no cases of the virus at the hotel, our attitude is far from complacent. We are following the guidelines of national and local health authorities with regards to the routines and procedures in the event of a case of COVID-19 at our hotel. Our team members are trained to handle situations that may occur on the premises and we have full confidence in their abilities.
At Mayflower, hygiene and cleanliness are always prioritised. We are especially emphasizing the importance of good hand hygiene in the current situation, based on recommendations from health authorities.
Our Practical Steps
- Strict hand hygiene policies in place before eating or preparing food and after using the bathroom
- Regularly provision of updated information about COVID-19
- Training based on local authority guidelines in the event of an outbreak at the hotel
- General crisis management training
- Ensuring those who display any signs of illness remain at home
- Notices put up to remind guests to frequently wash their hands with soap and warm water
- Hand sanitizers placed in all the common areas of the hotel for both guest and staff use
- Regular disinfection by cleaning staff of exposed surfaces such as door handles, card terminals and elevator buttons with anti-bacterial liquids
Advice for All
- Frequent hand washing
- Have hand disinfection ready
- Avoid unnecessary hand contact
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth and nose
- Cover the mouth with the elbow when coughing and sneezing
- Keep at least one meter away from coughing or sneezing persons
A Final Note
Currently, our hotel is open and will operate as normal, and with safety as our main priority and we are taking every precaution in order for our guests to feel safe when staying or visiting our hotels. We wish everyone well in this current tough situation. Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.