Mayflower Hotel is open for bookings again! Whilst it was important to close our doors for the protection of our staff and guests in light of the Coronavirus pandemic, we are now ready to welcome you back in a safe and controlled fashion.
We are excited to be opening bookings for our hotel in a phased response to traveller demands.
The safety of our guests and staff is our number 1 priority during this time and always has been. Hotels are well versed in implementing hygiene and cleanliness standards in order to counter cross infection / infectious diseases. We were doing this long before the outbreak of COVID-19.
Our response to COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and prior to reopening, we have reviewed every part of our customer’s journey to determine existing protocols that need to change to achieve COVID-secure status (according to relevant national and industry guidelines), and we have taken those measures and gone beyond them as we saw fit.
Our teams are well-trained in the new methods of operating and we have appointed a COVID-champion to ensure internal compliance.
Hotel rules for guests
- Please maintain a strict two-meter distance in public areas
- Make use of the station in the lobby to access sanitiser and gloves upon entering the hotel
- Bring your own face mask or request one from reception for use in common areas
- Follow the rules regarding the use of the lift/stairs
- Make use of the telephone in your room to contact reception, including letting staff know if you are feeling unwell
- Make use of the WC in your room - there will be no access to the public area WCs
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water
- Kindly maintain COVID-secure practices when outside of the hotel
Flexible Cancellation Policy
For the protection of our staff and guests, we have implemented a flexible cancellation policy. If you find yourself experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with a positive case - we urge you to refrain from travelling and coming to the hotel. Please cancel your booking 48 hours prior to your stay.
We’re All Prepped On Our End
To ensure your ultimate safety, our staff are taking the following precautions daily:
- Checking temperatures of all staff daily
- Changing into work clothes which are frequently laundered
- Wearing PPE relevant to their department
- Maintaining a safe distance to each other and guests
- Training by the department and random audits
- Regular provision of updated information about COVID-19
- Training based on local authority guidelines in how to deal with suspected cases in-hotel
- Removal of unnecessary touchpoints in common and non-common areas, combined with additional cleaning of remaining touchpoints
To find out more about how we’ve prepped our hotel and staff at the Mayflower Hotel, take a look at our FAQ page on our website.
We look forward to welcoming you! Get the best rate guaranteed when booking directly on our website HERE.